Experience 5 Years
Hearst Television seeks an enthusiastic video editor who will be responsible for writing, producing, and editing on-air and off-air marketing materials. The position requires a strong sense of creativity and high level of responsibility and organization. With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond.
The Video Editor, Marketing, Streaming Video Services reports to the Director, Marketing of Streaming Video Services of Hearst Television.
- Work with Director, Marketing to develop A/V creative for on-air and off-air spots including brand spots/trailers, original series promos/teases, episodics, social clips, etc.
- Develop, write, produce, and edit concepts for each assignment
- Write innovative copy and help conceptualize unique brand spots and series promos
- Work with marketing and social teams on content development and foresee upcoming promotional projects needed for programming slate and marketing priorities
- Assist with video graphics design needs including branding, template/toolkit development, etc.
- Responsible for project management and archiving of all final assets
- Book and direct audio engineers and voice-over talent (as needed)
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience producing and editing exceptional spots and trailers for television, preferably with a network, streamer, or creative agency.
- Must have experience in both branded and original series creative development
- Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production, and post-production
- Superior writing skills and understanding the importance of audio are a must
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe suite.
- Ability to take a project from concept to completion, including all phases of development
- Passion for staying current on media industry and social trends
- College degree in Communications, Literature, Journalism, or a creative discipline a plus
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.