Career Level Associate
Experience 3 Years
Sector Strategic Studio
HTV Digital Studios, Hearst Television’s national production outlet, is responsible for the production of great branded and episodic content across the country and has an opening for a Post Audio Engineer. As a Post Audio Engineer, your main responsibility will be to attend to the post-production finishing needs of our episodic, non-scripted series content.
You should be familiar with setting up and maintaining audio equipment, enhancing audio with the appropriate sound effects, fixing sound related issues, and working in a studio environment mixing/editing music and dialog content. The Post Audio Engineer should be creative and passionate about delivering a story through sound. The ideal candidate will be someone who can balance many projects and shifting priorities while communicating clearly and delivering on time.
People who excel on this team are positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and a drive to problem solve.
This position reports to the Manager of Post-Production.
- Work alongside managers and producers to meet audio production needs.
- Ensure that final audio mixes are consistent with the overall vision.
- Creative and knowledgeable in the concepts of audio recording.
- Proficient in technical aspects of audio, including Pro Tools, vocal tuning, editing, and mixing techniques and more.
- Problem-solver, ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment of production that can be caused by unforeseen factors and artistic changes in direction on a project.
- Continuously researching to stay on top of technological advances and how to apply them.
- Efficient time management skills and able to work with a deadline.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Meet deadlines consistently.
- Proficiency with Pro Tools, Logic and/or Cubase DAW.
- Familiarity with broadcast loudness standards.
- High level of familiarity with digital audio recording equipment and software.
- Experience with VO recording, mixing, and direction.
- Strong understanding of audio/video post-production workflow and codecs.
- Consistently reevaluate workflow for efficiencies and identify tool opportunity for the group.
- Proficiency with Mac computers and OSX operating system and cloud storage.
- Knowledge and interest in current trends in post-production technology.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload.
- Articulate, thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Able to work independently or with a team.
- A quick, willing, and curious learner.
- A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the HTV Digital Studio team.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment on or after August 25, 2021 be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.