Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
About the job
Hearst Television (a division of Hearst, a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses) is looking for a digital savvy marketing professional to help build an effort for marketing streaming video properties at the national and at the local level. With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households; this role will support a team responsible for marketing to that footprint and beyond. The right candidate is an enthusiastic, metrics-driven marketer with experience in marketing in the digital or streaming space. Success for this role is helping to build a large audience for new properties.
The Manager, Marketing reports to the Director, Marketing of Streaming Video Services of Hearst Television.
Location: New York, NY
- Assist Marketing Director with development, implementation and execution of go-to-market strategies for streaming products at the national and local level
- Support upcoming brand & program marketing initiatives including creative asset development and delivery; will help “own” specific projects or manage a portion of a larger campaign as directed
- Develop and foster trusted working relationships within the organization across other teams such as production and web in addition to outside vendors, including media partners and agencies
- Assist Social Media team with planning, ideating and overseeing social media content creation and community management
- Draft and deliver clear marketing/creative briefs or direction across the organization and to external agencies when appropriate
- Maintain and update marketing materials, campaign tracking documents and recaps
- Monitor campaigns in market to ensure all is running accordingly and flawlessly
- Track campaign effectiveness and work with research to post out campaign results
- Assist Director with events/promotions from ideation to on-site support as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 5+ years of relevant marketing experience (streaming/cable space, digital or agency)
- Strong knowledge/understanding of paid media channels – OTT/CTV, digital and social
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Strong written, verbal, and problem-solving skills
- High initiative and a self-starter
- Extremely detail-oriented and ability to effectively project manage
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced work environment, manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses. Its major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 33 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, California, which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Times Union (Albany, New York); more than 300 magazines around the world, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men’s Health and Car and Driver, and digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.