Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Hearst Television seeks a digital video innovator to conceive and lead a team to produce short editorial interstitial programming for streaming channels. With broadcast stations in 26 US markets, Hearst Television reaches a fifth of US households and this role will contribute content across that footprint. The right candidate has a strong editorial vision and mixes video creativity and operational expertise with ease. This role will oversee a team of video producers and editors and report to the Director, Programming, Streaming Video Services.
Location: New York City, Sacramento, Pittsburgh, Orlando
· Conceive, pitch and design new interstitial programming concepts that target specific cities and markets
· Produce a high volume of timely, short form content
· Oversee a team of greater than half a dozen video producers and editors
· Manage production calendars and balance deadlines across multiple markets
· Manage creative aspects of development, scripting, design, field production, post-production, and delivery
· Write and edit scripts
· Ensure all deliverables are cleared legally
· Collaborate with colleagues in the marketing, scheduling, and technology teams to achieve business goals
· More than 5+ years producing digital video
· Experience managing small production teams
· Proficiency with Adobe Premiere and After Effects preferred
· Understanding and curiosity of streaming space
· Experience with project management and productivity software like Air Table a plus
· Strong production competencies: attention to detail, flexibility and problem solving
· Ability to operate within a fast-paced environment on tight deadlines
· Experience managing and tracking costs, budgets, and production schedules
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information and services company with more than 360 businesses. Its major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 33 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, California, which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Times Union (Albany, New York); more than 300 magazines around the world, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men’s Health and Car and Driver, and digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.