Career Level Others
Experience 3 Years
HTV Digital Studios, Hearst Television’s national production outlet, is responsible for the production of great branded and episodic content across the country and has an opening for a Colorist. As a Colorist, your main responsibility will be to attend to the post-production finishing needs of our episodic, non-scripted series content, which may also include online prep and conform.
Strong knowledge of color grading theory, the ability to take direction, quickly respond to feedback, and thinking on your feet is essential. The ideal candidate is someone who can balance many projects and shifting priorities while communicating clearly and delivering on time.
People who excel on this team are positive, kind, self-motivated, flexible of thought and able to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and a drive to problem solve.
This position reports to the Manager of Post-Production.
- Color correction of pic-locked episodic and promotional assets.
- Perform technical checks to ensure all work complies with specifications.
- Final conform of video assets, assuring quality and consistency of all graphic elements and framing, adherence to branding standards, and modifications based on deliverable specs.
- Identify and share opportunities for improvement in our processes.
- Troubleshoot technical issues arising during the finishing process.
- Act as a mentor within the editorial team to help grow the team’s skills.
- Coloring grading expertise in color correction software i.e. DaVinci Resolve/Lumetri.
- Experience with Mac and Windows based computers, file servers, networking, file management of media assets and content management.
- Advanced Adobe Premiere skillset, general experience with Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Strong understanding of various deliverable specifications including file types, frame rates, and aspect ratios, transcoding, proxy workflows, and ability to troubleshoot and communicate concerns or inconsistencies in specs.
- Demonstrate excellent creative instincts and judgement.
- Extremely organized and meticulous attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
- A solid reel of past film+tv projects a plus.
- Experience working remotely on a broadcast or streaming series a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in current trends in video and post-production technology.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload.
- Articulate, thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Able to work independently or with a team.
- A quick, willing, and curious learner.
- A good attitude! Our work family and positive culture is everything to the HTV Digital Studio team.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.