Career Level Executive
Experience 8 Years +
Business Partnerships and Development Executive
HEARST MEDIA PRODUCTION GROUP
FULL TIME / HYBRID / CHARLOTTE, NC
EMAIL asap for more including COMPENSATION:
Hearst Media Production Group is seeking a Business Partnerships and Development Executive with extensive experience developing content and media partnerships for family-friendly brands / advertisers, non-profits, and foundations. This individual must establish and maintain senior-level relationships, develop, and pitch unique multi-platform programs, and negotiate long-term partnership agreements.
The ideal candidate can leverage successful relationships with Executives at Fortune 500 companies, media and digital agencies, privately held brand advertisers, and non-profit and foundations executives and boards. This individual has experience pitching and negotiating media/sponsorship contracts and a passion for creating original, mission-driven programming across linear, streaming, and digital channels. The position includes a base salary and commission structure.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Managing Director of Sales and is based in our new state-of-the-art Hearst facility in Charlotte, NC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively identify, research, and develop new opportunities for our family-friendly programming blocks on ABC, CBS, NBC, The CW, Telemundo, and other media and digital/social outlets
- Support creation and present strategic, cross-media concepts to multiple stakeholder groups that meet our client’s business objectives
- Navigate complex client organizational environments to close long-term sponsorships and content production partnerships, including contract negotiation and renewal efforts
- Collaborate with the production team and key internal stakeholders to successfully transition closed deals to activation by working with the Client Partnerships team to prepare for both internal and external kick-off meetings
- 8 + years of relevant business development experience
- Agency, media company or branded content studio required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
- Possess a network of contacts with prospective clients of varying sizes, and most importantly, the drive to identify and develop new relationships
- Strong business development skills including outbound prospecting, brand research, and cold outreach, presentation development, proposal writing, and experience presenting to C-level executives
- Extensive experience in structuring and negotiating media or sponsorship contractual arrangements, focused on content production and sponsorship, licensing, and distribution
- Must be conversant with prevailing legal structures and provisions found in media contracts and skilled at working with attorneys to shepherd agreements through legal review
- Ability to succeed in a cross-functional, fast-paced working environment using clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Fluency with marketing and audience data as measured across different media including linear TV, streaming, and social media platforms
- Familiarity with project finance, including navigating detailed internal and client-facing production budgets
- Willingness to travel for client pitches and meetings
- Proficient in Salesforce
About Hearst Media Production Group
Hearst Media Production Group (HMPG), a business unit of Hearst Television, is an independent producer and distributor of original programming for TV stations, broadcast and cable networks and streaming services. HMPG produces hundreds of hours of programming annually across linear, streaming, digital and social media platforms for domestic and international distribution in nearly 100 countries. Its popular shows include the Emmy® Award-winning educational/informational (E/I) programming blocks airing weekends nationwide including “Weekend Adventure,” on ABC stations; “CBS Dream Team,” on the CBS Network; “The More You Know,” on the NBC Network; “One Magnificent Morning,” on The CW Network; “Mi Telemundo” on the Telemundo Network and “Go Time” on independent stations. HMPG also produces and/or distributes a diverse slate of other programming and content including “Matter of Fact with Soledad O’Brien,” America’s #1 nationally syndicated public affairs news magazine; “Consumer Reports TV,” and the company’s dedicated FAST channels “Xplore,” “The Jack Hanna Channel” and “Rovr Pets,” available on some of the most popular smart TVs and streaming platforms. HMPG has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and Charlotte. HMPG is represented by United Talent Agency.