About Zeke Rodrigues Thomas
Sector Original Content
Preferred Job Title CCO (Chief Creative Officer)DirectorExecutive ProducerFilmmakerHostProducerScreenwriterSenior ProducerShowrunnerWriter
I’m an award-winning filmmaker, showrunner, and on-camera talent who has been creating comedic projects for over a decade. Having shot to YouTube stardom in 2011 with viral video success on the Murderbot YouTube channel I parlayed that success into working with some of the top companies in media including: Skybound Entertainment, Legendary Pictures, DEFY Media, and Viacom Digital Studios.
As Executive Producer at Mindjam Media I produced Don’t Go Alone, a scripted anthology Halloween series for Nickelodeon Digital as well as serving as showrunner on Super League Gaming’s Minecraft City Champs also for Nickelodeon digital platforms.
I also regularly speak at festivals, panels, and webinars on a number of industry issues including immersive storytelling, strategy, and production workflow.
2018 - 2019
Maker of premium scripted and unscripted content for the internet and beyond. Full-service production company and creative development. Current clients include: Annie vs Hayley: LeBake Off! | Writer-Creative Development | Viacom Digital Studios, Nickelodeon Throw Back with Nickelodeon | Writer-Creative Development I VDS, Nickelodeon Fight Stuff Podcast Ologies Podcast with Alie Ward My Good Bad Brain with Jarrett Sleeper Services offered: Production Services Creative Development Screenwriting * AFF Semi-Finalist Comedy Pilot * Blcklst placement Podcasting - Podcast engineering and podcast editing Photography Audiobooks - Production and Engineering
2017 - 2019
Producers Guild of America
Freelance Producer Creative Producer Story Producer Casting Producer Executive Producer Showrunner Production Specialist
2018 - 2018
Super League Gaming
Showrunner - Super League Gaming's Minecraft City Champs - Season One - Nickelodeon | Viacom Digital Studios
2016 - 2018
EGO 360 and VR
• Oversee and direct slate of immersive storytelling, spherical experiences as well as regular framed content for narrative long form, branded, and unscripted formats. • Writing and producing single camera action comedies for series pitches. Writing samples, showbibles, and proof of concepts available. • Showrunner of the official VidCon Livestream 2017: Oversaw creative across both livestage and pre-taped segments. Supervised a team of producers and editors while also interfacing client side with Youtube Marketing and VidCon Producers. • VidConLive 2016: Supervise team of producers and editors for all pre-taped packages and segments for the official VidCon Live Stream. • Oversee budgets, casting, scripting, and release strategy • Public Speaking/Workshops/Panels on topics ranging from Immersive Storytelling, Media Landscape, and Production Workflows. -- ITVfest, Stage 32, Silicon Valley Video Producers, Studio 360 Podcast • Client list includes: NBCUniversal, Blumhouse, AwesomenessTV, Legendary Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Loot Crate, Nerdist Industries, Alphabet, Youtube, VidCon, BlackboxTV, River Studios, The Grammys
2015 - 2017
* Showrunner of Season 1 of \"Get JACKED!\", a pop-culture inspired fitness comedy show for ClevverTV/DEFY - 12 episode order * Wrote and Produced a zombie musical comedy for Robert Kirkman\'s Skybound Entertainment and Youtube Space LA. \"Lullaby: A Zombie Musical\" * Produced: BlackboxTV five year anniversary music video ‘Dear Youtube,’ * Attached Producer \"The Paperbag Man\"
2015 - 2017
• Debuted a branded campaign at CES 2015 for Panasonic’s AnyPlace advertising prototype. Oversaw creative and production for over 20 minutes of short form content. • Led video team on VC-backed women\'s medical device start up Fiera by Nuelle for a 5 video unscripted series.
2015 - 2016
DEFY MEDIA | Break Media
* INTERIM CREATIVE DIRECTOR (January 2016) - Oversaw transition between creative directors, managed development slate, took pitch meetings, oversaw team of writers. * PRANK BANK - Refocused show to incorporate recurring cast and practical effects. Boosted average view count to 3.5 MM+/video. Organic shares from: Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Huffington Post, Playboy, Brobible. Wrote, Directed and Produced - 5 eps. * BREAKING VIDEOS - Reformatted weekly video series for share-ability with a focus on increased social engagement. - 12 eps
2012 - 2016
• Previous Clients: Panasonic, Warner Bros, Technics, VitaminWater, Promera Sports Nutrition, The Fine Bros., Nuelle, Warner Brothers • Produced segment for Warner Brother\'s \"The Game of Cobblepott\" with Studio West Pictures. • Directed one of the biggest viral videos of 2012, \"How to Pick Up a Girl at the Gym\", hitting viral benchmarks of 1 MM views/day, 9 MM/week. • Repeated viral success with \"Typical CrossFit Workout\" with 2 MM+ views and international TV licenses. * My work has been featured on popular websites: Yahoo, AOL, MTV, MSN, BuzzFeed, The Today Show, Huffington Post, Mashable, CollegeHumor, The Chive, Break.com, What’s Trending, The Front page of Reddit (multiple times), Playboy ACCOMPLISHMENTS * 20 Million+ Youtube Views across all platforms. 100 MM+ more on Facebook * Videos licensed for television in 6 countries * Google Zeitgeist 2012
International Studies (Pre-Law)