Industry Branded EntertainmentDigitalEducationMarketingMediaMusicPublic RelationsPublishingTelevision
Sector Branded ContentCorporate CommunicationsMarket CommunicationsSocial ImpactSocial Media
Preferred Job Title Brand Activation MarketerCCO (Chief Content Officer)CCO (Chief Communications Officer)EditorEditor in ChiefSenior Vice PresidentVice PresidentWriter
Strategic multi-platform content creation that drives revenue Using data and analytics to attract audiences and grow engagement Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with global teams and stakeholders Exceptional executive-level written, video, and verbal communication and presentation ability Strong ability to critically think and problem solve during constant change Proven entrepreneurial leader who can build teams and create new custom content initiatives Calculated risk-taker with the agility to advance and transition amid the media industry’s volatility
- Helped lead a content team that set new highs for page views and unique visitors and drove revenue for Korn Ferry amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Launched newsletters, content verticals, and social media channels at Korn Ferry, SMG, and BuzzFeed that attracted new audiences and grew engagement among established visitors.
- Established thought leadership programs for clients and companies that raised the profile of C-suite executives and enhanced organizational reputation.
- Created, led, or participated in live events, video programming, or brand extensions at Reuters, BuzzFeed, and SMG that leveraged content production into marketing opportunities for those organizations.
- Led global teams in producing editorial, video, marketing, and communications content.
- Regularly interviewed and worked with C-suite executives at major companies in media, entertainment, and technology like Facebook, Google, Comcast, CBS, Time Warner, and Fox.
- Built a network of investment bankers, private equity and hedge fund investors, lawyers, advertisers, producers, writers, and industry insiders.
- Broke news and led coverage of stories that resulted in appearances on Bloomberg, CNBC, BBC, CBS This Morning, The Daily Show, The Howard Stern Show, Reliable Sources, Today, Good Day New York, and Countdown with Keith Olbermann.
- Managed social media platforms for SMG, BuzzFeed Business, and Reuters’ TMT team, growing followers and engagement for each company.
- Hosted a digital video show for Reuters called “Media Bytes.”
- Led teams in producing editorial, video, marketing, and communications content.
• Working directly with the Chief Content Officer, I help lead content strategy and production that drives business to Korn Ferry’s products and services. • Collaborate with C-suite leaders and executives of the firm and its clients around the globe on original content across five distinct platforms, as well as for external outlets via op-eds, thought leadership, and guest columns. • Oversee the “Perspectives” content series and “Briefings for the Boardroom” newsletter, both of which have helped contribute to growing Korn Ferry’s unique visitors and page views to more than 3 million annually.
2015 - 2016
Starcom Mediavest Group
• Helped lead creation of executive communications strategies, including messaging points, media briefings, social media strategies, webcasts, town halls, internal memos, external speeches and appearances, and thought leadership content. • Produced an 8-page high-level Trends & Insights Report and videos tied to major industry conferences like Advertising Week, Cannes, and CES. • Led all owned media content development, including brand-specific internal and external websites and social media channels.
2013 - 2014
• Built an editorial team and launched a business vertical for BuzzFeed that leveraged data and analytics to create shareable business news coverage that grew to attract an average of 3M unique monthly visitors in the first year. • Created a brand extension of the “BuzzFeed Brews” live interview series for the business community and raised awareness of the BuzzFeed brand by moderating panels, conducting speaking engagements and appearing on TV to promote stories our team broke. • Advised on potential partnerships and joint ventures between the business vertical and outside media outlets or other third-party content suppliers.
2011 - 2013
• Led a global team of reporters and coordinated daily editorial coverage of TMT for the world’s largest news agency. • Programmed three “Global Media Summits” per year, interviewing CEOs of top TMT companies around the world. • Created the “Media Bytes” and hosted the “Techonomy” video shows.