Industry AdvertisingBranded EntertainmentFilmMarketingMediaTelevision
Sector Branded ContentBranded EntertainmentIntegrated MarketingOriginal ContentSeries DevelopmentFilm Production
Preferred Job Title Executive ProducerHead of ProductionVice President
2020 - 2020
· Built and led centralized content studio for NBCUniversal’s USA, Bravo, SYFY, E!, Universal Kids, CNBC Prime, Oxygen, and Peacock networks: managed bicoastal staff, consolidated operations, developed organizational processes, and established turnkey workflows, overseeing 200+ projects annually. · Created award-winning scripted, unscripted, branded integration, promo, brand marketing, and virtual reality content, earn-ing Promax awards for 10 projects and 1 Emmy nomination for The Mr. Robot Virtual Reality Experience. · Led projects throughout lifecycle: shaped direction of content through story, budget, and approach, served as primary liaison between studios, networks, and creatives, hired and managed directors and production companies, negotiated talent deals, and engaged with showrunners, creatives, and clients. · Ideated storylines, franchises, and brand position, reviewed scripts and treatments, developed content for financial and production approach, and collaborated with creatives, writers, and directors to determine direction and viability. · Grew business 15% year over year, saving over $12M through streamlining operations, vendor negotiations, developing partnerships, and implementing new production approaches and technologies. · Owned all project financials, controlled budgets to $1.5M, developed and negotiated bids, tracked SAG-AFTRA residual payments, reviewed and tracked cost reports, and approved expenses and spend. · Shifted production from linear focus to 360° approach, adding streaming, social, and digital content, incorporated multi-platform methodology into financial, scheduling, and creative workflows. · Developed cross-organizational support system for studios and networks to create sustainability programs, council-based mentoring, workflow guidance, and rate and cost standards.
2013 - 2016
· Produced award-winning branded integration, promo, social, digital, and brand marketing content, supervising projects from preproduction through wrap at budgets from $10K to $1.3M. · Controlled production and operational aspects of launch and marketing campaigns for series including WWE Raw, Mr. Robot, Psych, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, Chrisley Knows Best, and Suits. · Facilitated development of concepts, franchises, pitches, and stories to further creative and initiate steps to preproduction phase and beyond. · Hired creative agencies and directors, determining best fit for concept, pitch, budget, and creative relationships. · Oversaw project budgets, built estimations, developed line item bids, managed cost negotiations and approvals. · Managed staff and freelance producers, grew team members across multiple levels of organization, mentored and coached colleagues and peers, trained in new methods, and developed skill sets. · Worked cross functionally throughout organization, building deep relationships across Legal, Business Affairs, Labor, Fi-nance, Social, Digital, and Creative Marketing teams.
2012 - 2013
· Produced and developed segments for multiple music and celebrity news focused linear and digital series, including collaborating on launch of Fuse News daily broadcast. · Managed post production for daily news segments and weekly broadcast series: scheduled sessions, produced edits, approved cuts, and oversaw final deliverables. · Directed studio and field productions, developing creative approach, and interviewing celebrities and musicians for news segments and documentary series.
2007 - 2011
· Built New York and Buenos Aires teams leading production and post production on animated content, scripted and un-scripted series, alternative programming, live broadcasts, and tentpole events for MTV, Nickelodeon, and VH-1. · Developed and produced documentary music series MTV Push, directed episodes, and interviewed musical talent including Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Mike Posner, and LMFAO, leading to 4 MTV Europe Music Award nominations. · Supervised post production, overseeing process from ingestion through final deliverables: reviewed and approved deliverables, managed editors and assistants, coordinated scheduling, produced edit sessions, facilitated quality control, and developed technical specs. · Produced and directed live broadcasts including Live from The Red Carpet, Backstage Live, and The MTV Europe Music Awards, interviewed A-list talent, managed field and studio crews, called cameras, ran control room. · Led international physical production, working with vendors, creatives, show runners, and studios, with primary emphasis on US, European, and South American markets.
2006 - 2007
· Ran internal production department tasked with creating scripted and unscripted content for network of 13 websites. · Designed in-house video studio with live streaming capabilities, developed infrastructure, purchased and constructed production and post production technologies. · Hired and managed 3 direct reports and network of freelance editors, designers, producers, and shooters. · Created and produced music, celebrity, and lifestyle documentary series for on-demand streaming and broadcast.
2002 - 2006
· Directed, shot, and edited documentary programming for non-profit organization, in collaboration with the healthcare industry and consumer brands including Verizon and The US Department of Education. · Managed physical production for shoots across the United States and Israel, collaborating with internal teams, vendors, and municipalities, to create content in conflict, high-visibility, and hot-spot locations.
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications