- Sales Development • Brand Partnerships • Marketing
- Creative Content Strategist • Storytelling • Media
- Connected some of the world’s most powerful brands with consumers through branded content across the purchase funnel through linear, digital, social, experiential and shopper marketing.
- Led hundreds of integrations in every genre of programming- comedy, live sports, scripted, live events for brands such as Unilever, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Amazon, Disney and more.
- Secured massive upfront and scatter revenue by developing everything from sponsorship offerings to high touch innovative marketing programs.
- Collaborated with show runners and talent to create deep integrations into scripted and non-scripted programming that supported storylines and delivered on clients’ marketing KPIs.
- Partnered with 3rd party social/digital platforms that include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in addition to Influencers and technology companies to bring best-in-class content to our advertisers.
- Architected marketing programs tied to hit shows such as Yellowstone, The Daily Show, Younger, and Schitt’s Creek to secure millions in ad revenue with clients such as Kia, Anheuser Busch, L’Oreal, AT&T, PepsiCo, Dave & Busters, Hershey’s, US Army, Frito-Lay, and more.
- Devised strategic custom content solutions for RFPs across linear, digital, social, experiential, influencer and shopper connecting our partners seamlessly into the fabric of Viacom brands
- Implemented sponsorships for The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, the #1 late night show with young viewers. As part of GEICO’s $28M spend, we executed Comedy Central’s first remote shoot for GEICO custom content.
- Spearheaded all sponsorships for season 6 of Younger, the #1 original ad-supported cable sitcom with women. Revenue for this season was up 8% with 17 total sponsors.
- Formulated marketing programs for Yellowstone, the #1 scripted series of the summer across cable and broadcast TV in key demos. Sponsors included Dodge Ram in-show integrations and custom content with Duluth Trading Co. starring Yellowstone talent and both leading to incremental digital and social spends.
- Ideated and executed custom marketing for Paramount Network’s live action sports franchise Bellator MMA. Sponsors include Miller Lite, and Burger King who signed on to be the official QSR sponsor of Bellator after a longstanding sponsorship on UFC - a huge victory for Viacom.
- Conserved Integrated Marketing budget by implementing procedures that reduce production costs while maximizing content and marketing.
- Identified sellable opportunities on Viacom spearheading the creation of all marketing packages as well as network point for upfront opportunities and presentations
- Supervised, mentored and motivated a team of five managers and coordinators
- Led innovation of marketing campaigns supporting major tentpoles Guys Choice Awards and One Night Only by evolving content in partnerships. Custom content included appearances by A-List talent such as Robert DeNiro, Julia Roberts, Dwayne Johnson, and Matt Damon. Each tentpole generated $30M in Ad Sales revenue with all clients returning as incumbent sponsors.
- Charted the sale and execution of a special episode of Bar Rescue called Operation Puerto Rico with Bacardí who is based in Puerto Rico and was vested in disaster relief around the island. We boosted Bacardí’s presence with multiple in-show integrations resulting in an incremental spend.
- Collaborated with Media Planning, Programming, Digital and Social to review and reflect linear, digital and social packages available to sell as well as leading Sales on all network upfront materials.
- Supervised, mentored and motivated a team of three managers and coordinators
- Lifted morale within my team through positive leadership
- Impacted the overall sales numbers, which grew in millions of dollars during my tenure, by securing money through the creation of individually tailored integrated marketing programs for clients such as Universal Pictures, Toyota, Procter & Gamble, Macy’s, Grey Goose and Victoria’s Secret
- Increased brand likeability from the audience and research pointed to brand attribute recall for network sponsors
- Conceptualized and activated branded entertainment for tentpoles including Live from the Red Carpet using E! talent Ryan Seacrest and celebrity talent such as Hugh Jackman and Katy Perry
- Brought Crest 3D Whitestrips “#smilestyle” conversation to the biggest nights in entertainment, the Academy Awards and the Grammy Awards. With a multiple-platform approach, E! positioned Crest 3D Whitestrips as the key to always being red carpet ready with a dazzling smile. During the Oscars, the Fashion Turn and Smile conversation took on its own life in the social sphere. During the Grammys, a custom SmileStyle beauty correspondent in-show segment drove viewers to enter a SmileStyle content on-line with the winner announced in Fashion Police’s Grammy Awards show.
- Partnered with Pantene for the Academy Awards by demonstrating to viewers on-air and on-line how to get the season’s most iconic hairstyles with the help of celebrity stylist Kim Kimble.
- Introduced E!’s new movie package, VIPeek – a disruption in primetime programming giving our VIP viewer’s a first look at an upcoming theatrical release. Eventized the release of Disney’s blockbuster, Maleficent, with a three-part promotional campaign leading up to the film’s premiere.
- Supported American Express’s EveryDay Card launch and “EveryDay Moments” campaign by creating content celebrating ‘everyday’ mom moments – through the eyes of everyday and celeb moms, alike – with the unique lens of E!’s pop culture filter.
- Implemented marketable programming stunts and destination synced with Program Planning’s schedule which have included Fashion Fridays and Movie Reels with Ross Saturdays.
- Developed overall content strategy, assessing competitive landscape and defining road map for channel launch.
- Built integrated marketing packages around network schedule for advertisers and tie in social media promotional incentives.
Industry AdvertisingBranded EntertainmentDigitalEventsFilmMarketingMediaMusicNon-ProfitPodcastingTelevision
Sector Branded ContentBranded EntertainmentIntegrated MarketingStrategic Partnerships
Preferred Job Title Brand DirectorBranded Entertainment PartnershipsBrand PartnershipsDirectorProduct Marketer
Link to Portfolio – https://vimeo.com/user31327019
Integrated Marketing Professional with solid leadership experience in developing content and solving client obstacles across a portfolio of brands. Known for creating strong brand partnerships across purchase funnel through linear, digital, social, experiential, and shopper marketing. Expert in finding human truths connecting people with brands through storytelling while driving value and fan loyalty for Ad Sales Partners.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Client Services
- Brand Partnerships
- Critical Data Analysis
- Storytelling & Content Creation
- Project Management
- Secured millions in upfront and scatter ad revenue by developing everything from sponsorship offerings to high touch innovative marketing programs for brands such as Unilever, Proctor & Gamble, PepsiCo, Amazon, Disney, Anheuser Busch, Diageo, L’Oréal, VW, Hershey’s, Dave & Busters, Kia, AT&T, American Express, Universal Pictures, Macy’s, Toyota, Grey Goose & more
- Partnered with 3rd party social/digital platforms that include Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in addition to Influencers and technology companies to bring best-in-class content to advertisers
- Lead hundreds of integrations in every genre of programming
- Collaborated with show runners and talent to create deep integrations into scripted and non-scripted programming that supported storylines and delivered on clients’ marketing KPIs
2015 - 2020
• Recruited to come back as a marketing activation lead for Viacom Velocity, an award-winning branded content studio, ensuring best creative practices are adhered to and celebrated • Point for all aspects of ideation, creation and fulfillment of marketing initiatives responsible for 90% of the overall ad revenue • Lead creative marketing solutions for RFPs across multiple platforms in hit shows such as The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Schitt’s Creek, Lip Sync Battle, Yellowstone, Younger, Bar Rescue and more • Innovated marketing campaigns around live events/tentpoles each generating $30MM in Ad Sales revenue with all clients returning as incumbent sponsors. Custom content included appearances by A-List talent. • Lead sponsorships for season 6 of Younger with revenue up almost 10% among 17 total sponsors • Key stakeholder in charge of Bellator MMA, landing and closing Burger King as an official QSR sponsor, successfully transitioning BK from previous long-term relationship with UFC • Established and maintained key talent, clientele and executive relationships for high priority campaigns • Conserved budget by implementing procedures that reduce production costs while maximizing content • Gathered and reviewed all data, consumer insights, trends and research to boost performance & marketing • Identified sellable opportunities across Viacom brand portfolio leading the creation of all network marketing collateral & network point for upfront • Collaborated daily with cross-disciplinary teams including clients, media agencies, Ad Solutions, production, social media legal, and external vendors • Supervised & mentored a team of managers & coordinators
2013 - 2014
• Increased overall sales numbers by 40% through individually tailored ideation, development, and execution of marketing programs • Integrated advertisers with organic content on E! Online, the only global multi-platform brand for all things entertainment, pop culture, and lifestyle with 1.1 billion in monthly total digital engagement • Increased brand likeability from the audience and research pointed to brand attribute recall for sponsors • Conceptualized and activated in E!’s Live from the Red Carpet during the Academy Awards, Grammy Awards, Golden Globes, & Emmy Awards using E!’s own Ryan Seacrest and celebrity talent • Lead creative solutions for RFPs across multiple platforms in E! News, Fashion Police, and KWUTK • Developed E!’s new movie package VIPeek, a disruption in primetime programming giving VIP viewers a 1st look at an upcoming theatrical release, and destination such as Fashion Fridays
2011 - 2012
• Recruited to establish a brand new, 24/7night life channel in charge of devising overall content strategy • Researched competitors, making recommendations and decisions based on marketing trends • Utilizing industry connections, created unique integrated marketing opportunities fitting with programming objectives and revenue targets • Lead social strategy and execution for original programming such as Clubland, Essentials, and Music Nation.
2010 - 2010
• Recruited by founder of MTV to launch a first of its kind TV channel using branded content and marketing integrations as entertainment with dedicated air-time on NBC ION • Pitched, planned, and executed marketing campaigns and content creation • Oversaw multi-platform executions to increase awareness and connect with new audiences and core audiences from the NBC portfolio of assets
1996 - 2007
• Promoted through various roles as integral member of MTV Programming team, reporting to EVP • Key member of the team responsible for overhauling and re-launching the iconic MTV Brand, generating over $100MM in revenue • Developed unheard of “360” programming leveraging content & revenue opportunities across multiple screens • Created partnerships with internal marketing & sales team, establishing MTV’s first integrated campaigns with artists and brands • Integrated core objectives by working on tentpoles including MTV Video Music Awards, mtvICON, Spring Break, Movie Awards, Fashionably Loud, etc.