Michael R. Jensen Sales | Leadership | Results
Mikejensen628@gmail.com www.linkedin.com/in/mikerjensen 702-807-5344
· Scottsdale, AZ 85250
Passionate and approachable leader with a demonstrated history of success in radio broadcast, events, advertising, and digital marketing. Track record of managing teams and accounts to achieve revenue growth and exceptional results.
Areas of Expertise include:
RIVIERA BROADCASTING/R360 SOLUTIONS (KMVA KKFR KOAI) • Phoenix, AZ • August 2020-Current
MULTIMEDIA MARKETING SPECIALIST
|§ Client Acquisition
||§ Relationship Building
||§ Revenue Forecasting
|§ Inspiring individuals & teams
||§ Team Leadership
||§ Budget-P&L Management
|§ Sales and Marketing
§ Strategic Partnerships
||§ Staff Training and Mentorship
§ Sponsorships & Events
||§ Creative Solutions and Ideas
§ Digital Marketing
Design, present, and successfully execute targeted marketing campaigns. Translate market and station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales and revenue for Riviera and its advertisers. Continually monitor competitive media to prospect for new account leads. Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base and agencies. Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities. Communicate sales activities with senior leadership and report on sales metrics, forecasts, budget variance and other key performance indicators.
ADAMS RADIO GROUP (KGRT, KSNM, KHQT, KWML)
- Selling marketing solutions that include broadcast, digital and events.
- Construct and deliver creative proposals using insights and research to make justifiable recommendations to prospective clients.
- Attend networking events and provided current media business knowledge as a resource to clients
· Las Cruces, NM · 2016 to 2019
General Manager (12/2017 – 12/2019)
Actively sold and managed four radio stations. Produced and implemented six new successful community events to expand brand and revenue opportunities. Employed consultative sales strategies with key clients and agencies to develop effective marketing programs. Nurtured productive business relationships using qualitative and quantitative data to provide creative selling solutions. Hired, trained and mentored a 20-person team of full-time and part-time staffers in sales, promotions, programming and news. Manage annual budgeting and monthly reporting of all business operations.
ADAMS RADIO GROUP (KGRT, KSNM, KHQT, KWML)
Director of Sales (6/2016 – 12/2017)
- Boosted overall revenue and profit to the highest ever in the market.
- Increased event revenue by 75%
- Recognized for performance as Adams Radio Group’s General Manager of the Year and most improved EBITDA for 2018
- Awarded by the New Mexico Broadcasters Association the 2018 Radio Station of the Year (KHQT)
Actively sold while managing the sales team, developing marketing strategies and overseeing daily sales operations. Acquired, developed and serviced key accounts. Hired, trained and mentored sales team. Developed sales packages and promotions for community events. Demonstrated a commitment to customer service, adding new customers while maintaining premium service levels with existing accounts.
LAMAR OUTDOOR ADVERTISING
- Boosted overall revenue from 1.6 million in 2016 to 1.7 million 2017
- Implemented a digital marketing platform to the sales team they could offer clients and prospects
· Las Vegas, NV · 2013 to 2016
Senior Account Executive
Developed and managed stable of accounts generating over $2.5M in annual revenue. Consulted with clients to create dynamic branding strategies utilizing outdoor advertising.
GLOBAL EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST (GES)
- Increased revenue 35% on key accounts.
- Signed and retained 45 new active clients within first 20 months.
· Las Vegas, NV · 2011 to 2013
Partnered with trade show organizers to present highly effective face-to-face marketing events. Identified and pursued sales leads, drawing upon resources, industry contacts, convention calendars, convention bureaus and industry publications. Generated revenue through the sale and renewal of corporate partnership relationships and develop strategic new business relationships locally, regionally, and nationally. Effectively qualified leads, while maintaining an active pipeline of potential business opportunities. Created and presented PowerPoint presentations for prospective clients. Supervised on-site show team of account managers, operations managers and customer service associates. Ensured customer satisfaction with event experience from inception through teardown of displays. Maintained Salesforce CRM documentation and reports. Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects and competing tasks and priorities.
CBS RADIO (KMXB, KLUC, KXNT, KXTE)
- Expanded profile of the business and increased revenue through the acquisition of three new major clients.
· Las Vegas, NV · 2001 to 2011
Senior Account Executive
Built and nurtured population of direct and agency accounts ranging in size from $1K to $200K in annual sales. Performed in multi-functional capacity requiring extensive cold calling, account management and collections. Trained, mentored and evaluated performance of sales team. Sold and managed station community events, charity functions and other external site station endeavors.
RADIO ONE BROADCASTING (KKOT, KTTT)
- Generated annual revenue over $1M with excellent negotiating, verbal and written communication skills that developed into a stable of premier accounts from developed from scratch.
- Sold marketing solutions to businesses that included broadcast, digital and events.
- Construct and deliver creative proposals using qualitative and quantitative data in order to make justifiable recommendations to prospective clients.
· Columbus, NE · 1992 to 2001
Engaged in sales and marketing of station events, enhancing station’s regional profile and revenue. Performed in multi-functional capacity requiring extensive cold calling, account management and collections. Managed community events, charity functions and other external site station endeavors.
Professional Development & Community Involvement
- Cultivated two highest spending clients of the organization.
- Honored as Radio One Employee of the Year (1994).
Certified Digital Marketing Consultant- (RAB)Radio Advertising Bureau
Las Cruces, NM Chamber of Commerce-New Member Welcome Committee
Las Cruces, NM Chamber of Commerce – 2017 Leadership Class
Boys and Girls Club of Las Cruces, NM Board of Directors Member
Toastmasters Las Vegas – Advanced Leadership Bronze, Competent Leader and Communicator certifications
Toastmasters Las Vegas – 2015 Area C-6 Toastmaster of the Year
Certified Sales Trainer – Brian Tracy International
Dale Carnegie Course Certification
Broadcasting Studies -Northeast College, Norfolk, NE