About michael schwartz
Industry AdvertisingFilmMarketingMediaMusicPublic RelationsRadioTelevision
Sector Branded EntertainmentConsumer MarketingCreative ServicesMusic MarketingPost Production
Preferred Job Title ConsultantCopywriterCreative DirectorEntrepreneurPost Production SupervisorProducerScreenwriterVice PresidentWriter
I’m an imaginative, passionate marketing/creative leader and content creator in the music industry, broader entertainment industry, television and sports worlds (and beyond) with a 24/7/365 obsessive idea generation mindset.
I bring a combination of leadership/project oversight/management skills with a full set of hands-on creative skills (writing, design, video content creation, idea generation, integrated marketing) to successfully take on a wide scope of projects from start to finish, from concept creation through concept execution.
I had the honor and great fun of beginning my career as a Page at NBC – an extraordinary initial education on the worlds of television, entertainment, sports etc. I was gratified to have been able to turn that position into an ‘actual’ staff position: a hybrid creative/account role in NBC’s Advertising & Promotion department handling accounts that included the various radio properties and programming NBC owned at the time, and NBC Sports among others.
I followed my passion to the music industry with two leadership positions in marketing/creative at Sony Music Entertainment and Arista Records before deciding to become an independent creative | marketing | idea source to a variety of clients in a variety of spaces.
A few things I’m proud of:
– Researching, writing, producing – and overseeing from pre through post – RCA Records’ 100th Anniversary Worldwide Trailer.
– Idea generation, branding, visual identity for The RENS AAU Basketball Program.
– Logo design for Dan Klores’ recent 10 part documentary for ESPN: “Basketball: A Love Story.”
– Integrated marketing concepts for DKC Communications and helping to launch their in-house creative department.
– Scriptwriting for Discovery I.D. unscripted series.
– Writing, design and art direction, and co-producing the trailer for a forthcoming music documentary on the truly crazy life and career of Peter Lemongello: “But Wait There’s More…The Wild Saga Of Peter Lemongello.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3uRMPF7glI&feature=youtu.be
– Advertising campaigns and strategies to help launch J Records.