Sector Acquisition MarketingAudience DevelopmentConsumer MarketingGrowth MarketingIntegrated MarketingSocial Media
Preferred Job Title DirectorVice President
Strategic executive with proven leadership in digital marketing for news and television brands. Evangelist of emerging marketing platforms, tools and strategic practices.
- Social Media Strategy & Delivery
- Client Advising & Advocacy
- Content Strategy & Development
- Audience Targeting & Acquisition
- Search Marketing & SEO
- Account & Team Management
- Consumer Insights & Analytics Email Marketing & CRM
- Product Development & Testing
2018 - 2019
• Headed paid social practice for digital marketing firm focused on data-driven performance marketing for Fortune 500 clients in financial services and publishing. • Delivered strong global paywall subscription revenue from social for key client Bloomberg News; drove dramatic audience growth for Bloomberg’s social-first news brand TicToc and achieved 150% of followers goal. • Developed social best practices agency-wide, from pitches through reporting; trained and coached paid social staff in US and India. Established strong partnerships with leading social media platforms.
2017 - 2019
• Led paid social team for Bayer client portfolio of 15 brands, providing strategy, planning and execution of campaigns for a portfolio of healthcare brands with $20MM+ paid social budget. • Provided guidance and recommendations to clients and creative agencies; partnered with social platform liaisons. • Demonstrated ROI and brand lift through intensive analysis and reporting, resulting in 40% YOY budget increase.
2017 - 2017
• Managed pilot program using proprietary audience targeting data for paid search campaigns for key clients. • Delivered campaigns at 50% below CPL goal; proved 7x higher propensity to convert than standard search.
2012 - 2017
• Spearheaded social, search, and analytics digital-first transformation of news/magazine brands (American Banker, Financial Planning, Accounting Today et al.) and professional events at B2B publisher. • Developed and executed strategy to drive audience engagement and subscription revenue growth. • Grew social traffic from 2% to 10% of overall sessions by defining organic and paid social strategy, establishing brands’ social presence, implementing new tools and reporting, and evangelizing best practices to staff. • Created search strategy, from SEO technical/performance audits to paid subscription/registration campaigns, resulting in an overall 70% increase of organic search pageviews and 4x conversion rates.
2006 - 2011
AMC Networks (formerly Rainbow Media)
• Transformed IFC’s online presence into a Webby award-winning indie film, TV and culture site with original news, web series, user content and entertaining promotion for IFC’s original programming. • Managed team, budget and operations, defined product strategy and led projects from discovery through post-launch reporting and improvements. • Increased online audience by 800%, utilizing paid search, SEO, email, social, display advertising, partnerships, and content strategy driven by user research and data analysis.
2001 - 2006
• Senior client partner for NY office of Ann Arbor-based agency providing web design, development and hosting. • Built long-lasting relationships and led engagements implementing pioneering e-commerce and branding solutions for clients including Godiva, Waterford Wedgwood, Graco, FAO Schwarz, Coach and Bergdorf Goodman.
Independent consulting services involving digital marketing and website strategy for clients including small businesses and agencies.
Leading marketing strategy and execution for early stage travel app startup.
Melianthe Kines Consulting
Providing digital marketing consulting for clients including start-ups, small businesses and agencies. Services including social media strategy and execution, search engine optimization, content strategy, website development, web analytics and research.