Industry Branded EntertainmentComedyEducationFilmMediaMusicNon-ProfitPodcastingRadioTelevisionVisual ArtsJournalism
Sector Human ResourcesMusic MarketingMusic ProductionOperationsSocial ImpactFilm Production
Preferred Job Title Executive Assistant
- Began my professional career at Viacom, Inc. working in the Office of the President of Nickelodeon, Gerry Laybourne, in 1992. Nickelodeon was the number one children’s network.
- Worked on the creation of Nickelodeon’s pro-social campaign called, “The Big Help” and the 1992 MTV “Choose or Lose” initiative that was instrumental in Bill Clinton’s campaign. This initiative continues to this day.
- MTV – Spent 10 years supporting the EVP, General Counsel in the legal department. It was an opportunity to be involved with all the networks (Nickelodeon, MTV, VH1 & Comedy Central) and broaden my skill set. Managed thirty-five assistants.
- Helped create and implement the legal file room system; point person working with planning and design department; worked the MTV Music Awards every year as a talent coordinator. It gave me the opportunity to work closely with celebrities, politicians and sports figures.
- In 2002 I was named, “Employee of the Year” out of 3000 employees; served on the MTV Network Diversity committee.
- When My Executive was laid off in 2007, Judy McGrath, Chairman & CEO of MTV Networks, had a position created for me. Her comment was, “we cannot lose an employee who is as dedicated, hardworking and as well-liked as you.” I became a Project Manager
- A+E Networks worked for the EVP, International, Consumer Products & Digital. Assisted in designing the new office space; implemented a lunchtime meditation session to incorporate wellness and calm into the workday. The program still exists.
- Warner Media (formerly Time Warner) worked for the Chairman & CEO, Jeff Bewkes, In this position I had the privilege of seeing a great leader at work who valued collaboration and respected the opinions of his staff. Left due to Jeff’s retirement.
- OCP SA – largest employer in Morocco and producer of phosphate fertilizer (which is a natural resource there). Created platforms for human resources, IT and finance. I successfully integrated these systems into my work role and managed them for almost two years until we had the resources to hire additional staff. I also provided significant input on the creation of permanent office space. Left due to the stability of the company.
- In addition to my professional resume I have two Masters Degrees in Health and Nutrition. Wellness has been a passion of mine for many years, and I currently consult with clients on nutrition and the Indian system of medicine called Ayurveda, and teach yoga and meditation.