About Keith Jacks
- My most recent position developing Podcasts from end to end, concept to final mix, content and creative.
- Extensive work on films as a Producer, Sound Designer, Composer and Mixer
- Staffing, budgeting, designing Video and Audio Production Facilities
- Proven history of consistently mastering recordings and mixes in sound and music productions at all stages, evident by receiving numerous Gold and Platinum awards.
- Comprehensive blend of creative, financial, technical, analytical, and project management strengths for planning and carrying out successful project plans, while mentoring and leading teams/freelancers.
- End-to-end organization and direction of projects from concept to conclusion; fastidious attention to details with careful planning and oversight applied to each phase of project execution.
- Utilization of leading-edge technologies and tools to research, identify, monitor and produce original audio programs and best practices.
Sector AudioMusic ProductionOriginal ContentSeries DevelopmentStrategy
Preferred Job Title ConsultantCreative DirectorEntrepreneurFilmmakerFounderHead of ProductionProducer
I am an award winning Audio Engineer (5 gold and platinum records) Several award winning short films for which I’ve Produced, Sound Design and Composed original music. I’ve managed teams to produce visual media, podcasts, and social media content. I designed and built my home studio and several others. I pride myself on being as current as possible with gear and technology. My superpower is being in the moment and unraveling the complexities of a production or project, bringing order to chaos and executing the agreed upon vision. My strength is all things audio and the ability to delegate to others when need be.
1986 - 2021
Third Rail Productions
Freelance Audio Engineer for studios like, Quantum, Quad, Chung King, PowerPlay, etc. Working with artists, Najee, Michael Bolton, Donna Summer, KRS One, Eric B and Rakim, Ronny Jordan, etc. Conducted recording, mix sessions, post-production in the Pro Tools based digital / analog studio The Red Room. Client service include advising companies, recording studios and film makers in audio project management, operations improvements and video production. Advised on launch plans, content strategy, marketing strategy to maintain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Review, edit, scripting, casting and acquisitions for projects. Negotiating with talent, talent management. Account management, deadline-driven and operating budget conscious. Processing P.O.’s and Invoices. Key player in budget development focusing on maintaining profitability. Social media content production for optimum listener / viewer engagement. Passionate about content creation for digital marketing and advertising campaigns. Producer, Composer, Sound Designer, Mixer - BollyDreaming, Stranded, Unknown, The Misadventures of Six and Songo, I’m Not the Hero
2017 - 2018
Sports Business Media Group
Focus on strategically direct creative, technical specifications for audio and video teams. Managing Producer of all podcast series daily and weekly. Creatively mix all content for music and sound design, establishing brand and consistent quality product. Established strategic platform partnerships. Reviewed and research news content for Podcasts, vetting show pitches reviewing scripts with editorial team and reporters. Coaching and directing narrators and guests. Strategically source and implement servers and computers for end users as well as creative and productivity software. Interface with numerous stakeholders for interviews and process development. Collaborating and supervising across functions, program development and determine marketing strategy. Setting and maintaining schedules of staff, facilities and locations. Delivering on time, providing feedback, QC, logging updates, budget management. Interviewing, scheduling. Oversee staff, vendors, training and mentoring. Hiring of freelance writers, reporters and producers.
Full Sail University
Studied Audio Engineering, Video Production, Sound Reinforcement, and Studio Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Berklee College of Music
Studied Music Production and Engineering, left to attend Full Sail for more practical, hands on experience.