John Evershed 6 Laderman Lane, Greenbrae, CA 94904 (m) 415 601 7541 (e) firstname.lastname@example.orgSummary Founder and former CEO of Mondo Media, the leading digital producer and distributor of animation for young adults. Entrepreneurial executive producer who works effectively with all facets of entertainment - from talent to distribution to financing. Expert at entertainment development, programming and marketing. Built a 5.5 billion view social media footprint, launched an OTT subscription TV channel, and produced, financed and sold multiple TV projects. Managed a team of 150 persons. Raised over $100M in equity and project financing. Structured creative finance packages using co-productions, foreign pre-sales and tax credits. Created a global, diversified merchandise business selling over $50M at retail. Experience 1988 – 2018 Founder and CEO – Mondo Media, Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- Launched Animation Channel on WarnerMedia Streaming Platform - Produced and programmed a 5,000 minute slate of original TV series for a branded animation channel targeted at 14-34’s for VRV, an OTT SVOD service. Using a $5M guarantee, secured additional $18M in the form of co-production contributions, pre-sales and foreign tax credits leading to multiple renewals and second windows on US cable channels SYFY and El Rey.
- Generated Over 5.5 Billion Video Views - Primarily on YouTube using scripted short format animated series. First non-music commercial partner to sign with YouTube in 2007 becoming most-viewed channel as part of the YouTube Funded Content Program. Distributed on O&O website, mobile, Facebook, ROKU, Apple TV, Netflix and Amazon platforms.
- Sold, Produced and Aired 3 Original TV Series - Apollo Gauntlet on Adult Swim, Night Sweats on Adult Swim Canada and Like Share Die on Fusion TV. Financing for Night Sweats was a unique partnership between Mondo, YouTube, Corus, and co-pro partner Blue Ant Media.
- Parlayed Animated TV Series into $50M Merchandise Franchise - Happy Tree Friends premiered as an online short format series that generated 2 billion video views. Used domestic TV pick-up and international pre-sales to finance the production of a TV Series. Aired on G4TV and IFC in the US and on MTV in most major markets overseas. Conceived and managed the Happy Tree Friends merchandise program with network of international agents.
- Managed 150 Person Studio – Built San Francisco based production studio from scratch. Studio was comprised of producers, writers and animators. Provided production services to gaming industry - Lucas Arts, Electronic Arts, Disney, etc., special effects for DreamWorks feature The Peacemaker, motion graphics for Cartoon Network and Disney, and content design and development on early online platforms like Prodigy and Teleguide.
- Raised over $100M in Project and Equity Financing - Drove the company's growth through investment and merger with an LA-based animation studio. Financed and produced multiple TV series.
- Financed, Produced and Distributed Feature Length Movie - Dick Figures The Movie, profitable within the first three months of its release, property originated as short format series
Sector Business DevelopmentCorporate ConsultingCorporate DevelopmentDevelopmentOriginal ContentSeries Development
Preferred Job Title Board MemberCCO (Chief Content Officer)CEO (Chief Executive Officer)ConsultantEntrepreneurExecutive Creative DirectorHead of Original Programming
Innovative entrepreneur with thirty years of experience in content development, programming and management. Founder of Mondo Media, Inc., producer and distributor of animation for teens and young adults. In the role of CEO at Mondo, produced an award-winning library, launched an OTT subscription channel, generated 4.5 billion views on YouTube, and produced and aired multiple TV series on MTV, Adult Swim and Fusion. Executive Producer of a string of hit properties including Happy Tree Friends, Dick Figures, and Deep Space. Raised over $100M in equity and project financing, oversaw multiple international co-productions, and managed global sales. Led a team of 150 persons. Drove a global merchandise program around the Happy Tree Friends property.
University of Toronto