|Music and video marketer with a proven track record of quickly delivering scalable growth in fast-moving industries. Strong leadership, team building & motivational skills with a demonstrated ability to build and deliver nimble, highly accountable business units. Analytical with a bias towards action, coupled with a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial drive. Deep expertise in film/video and podcast production and story-telling.Experience spans Fortune 500's and startups and includes world-class brands such as Apple (directly under Steve Jobs), Lucent, Nielsen Mobile, Movielink, and P&G.|
|I'm a Strategic Marketer with 20 years of leading edge web, mobile and video experience in Silicon Valley and Hollywood looking to leverage my educational background in law, business and marketing to make deals and partnerships to engage consumers and drive sales for a brand.|
Sector Music MarketingIntegrated MarketingAcquisition MarketingBranded ContentBranded EntertainmentBusiness. AffairsDevelopmentStrategic PartnershipsStrategy
Preferred Job Title Vice PresidentHead of ProductionGeneral ManagerFounderFilmmakerDirectorBrand PartnershipsAuthorAccount Director
2006 - 2008
• Built new streaming media platform and enhanced existing web and mobile products that led to $90M profit increase and 150% annual revenue growth. • Revamped communication, accuracy and reporting (for 1M SKU catalog) that enhanced relationships with content delivery partners iTunes, Spotify, Pandora, Yahoo!, MSN and Walmart. • Innovated marketing initiatives. Managed reporting analytics, including insights on sales traffic.
2004 - 2006
• Merchandised EST and VOD downloads for joint venture of Universal, WB, MGM and Sony acquired by Blockbuster in 2009. • Analyzed/published stats on download and streaming consumption for Home Media Magazine. • Developed/presented media promotions, concepts and events to CEO/executives to gain buy-in.
2002 - 2004
• Wrote/produced 30-minute comedy-music TV property cleared to 98% of US audience. • Supervised video/web production and writing teams totaling 25 professionals and vendors. • Trademarking, deal making, research on trends, writing business plan, hands-on video editing.
1995 - 2003
Leveraged ability to spot opportunity in music e-commerce by pioneering engagement content with editorial/web radio including artist exclusives, as passion point music discovery site. • Developed over 80 hours of original content with Hall of Fame, International and emerging acts. • Wrote/produced/voiced and syndicated daily audio review to Real Audio’s Daily Briefings. • Directed development of e-commerce ordering systems, fulfillment, and customer service.
• Produced, developed and edited more than 40 videos with 300,000+ views and interactions. • Lead social media strategy and execution (photo, writing). Attracted 9,500 Instagram followers. • Feature length documentary development, scripting, budgeting, production and post-production. • Produced dozens of video interviews cataloging Hall of Fame, emerging and local artists commentaries. • Non-profit administration of related non-profit; compliances, record keeping, board leadership. • Won grants 2016-2020 to create multimedia blues and Americana content on music and cultural topics. • Conceived/constructed reusable interactive pop-up kiosk (in conjunction with Apple tech for 25% of market cost) with interactive music map and 12 original short videos in 90 days.
• Teaching Tourism, Social Media and B2B Marketing at Freeman Business School. • Classes incorporate strategy into practice. Results-based projects, internships, field trips to local businesses and guest lectures help students apply their knowledge and gain real-world experience.
2014 - 2015
• Initiated and led development, sales and marketing of a $5M retail channel for CPG beauty brand in hair care and cosmetics. Acquired and retained major accounts with Sally Beauty, Costco, Sephora, Ulta, Bed Bath and Beyond and many others. • Doubled e-commerce revenue in less than 12 months from $10M to $20M with a variety of strategies including being one of the first companies to leverage key YouTube influencers. • Developed and managed (end-to-end) more than 20+ TV/web sales events including Today Show, E! News and Home & Family that led to significant revenue generation. • Managed budget, staff, pricing, partnerships, social media, SEO/SEM, TV and influencer marketing.
2013 - 2014
Procter & Gamble
• Led and managed digital media strategy and execution for P&G and via ATOS (a tech agency). • Directed agencies (Burnette, Barefoot, Accenture, Corbus, and Mindtree) and content partners (Bazaar, Time Inc., and others) to deliver mobile, web, video, broadcast, and advertising solutions for Disney and P&G brands (Mr. Clean, HMS, Olay, and many others). • Project management of tech and creative vendor environment, managed brand relationship for P&G.
Univ of Cincinnati
Dual degrees masters in Business Administration and Marketing Science. Coursework, internships and workshops with UPS, P&G, GE and music non-profit. Coursework in: Mobile Marketing, Advertising, Innovation, Design Thinking, Marketing Strategy, Retail, Branding, B2B Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Market Research; IT, Finance and Operations Management. Inter
Univ of California at Berkeley
Graduated with honors in Film. Other activities filmmaking, Radio DJ
Wrote dissertation on digital video tape copyright protection in 1994. Other classes Entertainment Law, FCC Law, EU Law, Intellectual Property, Contracts.