Content Development | Branding | Purpose Driven Marketing
see the work @ davestatman.com
(917) 748-8995 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit. Relentlessly curious, ever-optimistic creative recognized for consistently turning emerging tech and consumer trends into engaging content that inspires action. Currently offering high-level strategic consulting to a wide range of established & emerging clients from presidential candidates to NBCUniversal to The Nobel Alliance helping them define their narrative, disrupt the marketplace and tackle their biggest challenges. All while leading a content studio developing a slate of original and commissioned properties.
Areas of Expertise
• Advertising / Marketing Strategy
• Brand Integration
• TV / Digital Media
• Start Up Launches
• Team Management
NERVE CREATIVE, New York City, NY 2017 – Present
Founder, Creative Director
Nerve is one part content studio and one part creative / strategic consultancy. We’re “painkillers,” forming on-demand, right-sized teams to help media & entertainment companies, tech startups, ad agencies, educational and cultural institutions, record labels and NGOs realize their most ambitious ambitions.
Nerve’s current a slate of original properties includes a blockchain-powered competitive reality series and a reimagining of the rock documentary as a multi-platform, music discovery experience.
FORKCAST, New York City, NY 2016 - 2017
Chief Content Officer
• Key member of launch team. Named, positioned and devised brand-friendly content for this app based matchmaking platform designed to disrupt and dominate a $100BN market helping restaurants scale their business and diners discover their next favorite meal.
OLSON, New York City, NY 2015 - 2016
• Recruited by this 500+-person, digitally-driven agency to help launch a content studio, grow its NY office & spark collaboration with new parent company, ICF International.
• Strengthened inter-agency relationships and drove long-term alliance between Olson, The United Nations, Trollbäck and Barbarian Group to motivate people across the globe into action and realize UN Global Goals.
TIMEWARNER GLOBAL MEDIA GROUP, New York City, NY 2005 - 2014
VP, Creative Development, (Warner Bros. Film & TV, Turner Broadcasting, HBO and Time Inc.)
• Helped secure multi-billion $ media commitments by leveraging company’s vast portfolio on behalf of key marketing partners including American Express, Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, GM, The Home Depot, L’Oréal and New Zealand Tourism.
• Helped propel our group’s transformation from a sales unit to a creatively driven media arts powerhouse.
• Generated & delivered multiple, award-winning, content properties including: the Emmy Award-winning “Beyond 9/11,” “TIMEframes” a CNN special & new editorial franchise that reimagined TIME as a leader in on-demand insight, a slew of snackable digital entertainment series and a first-of-its-kind mobile app.
Additional Experience: Creative Director, Spier NY / The Agency Cooperative, Creative Director, The Sloan Group Founder, Atlantic Records’ Entertainment Development division
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BFA Program, Film & TV, New York University, School of the Arts, New York, NY
NY, Drama Department, Performing Arts High School
Emmy Award | One Show, Finalist | Art Directors Club, Silver | Effie Award, Gold | Webby Award Finalist Communication Arts, Advertising Annual selection | Advertising Age, Media Vanguard Award & Entertainment Marketing Award of the Year | Jack Myers Media Innovation and Creativity Awards, Grand Award | Chicago International Film Festival, Silver | MPA Kelly Awards, Silver
Industry AdvertisingBlockchainBranded EntertainmentComedyDigitalFilmEventsMarketingMediaMusicNon-ProfitPodcastingPublishingResearchTelevision
Sector Branded ContentBranded EntertainmentCorporate ConsultingCreative ServicesOriginal ContentSocial Impact
Preferred Job Title Creative Director
Yes, it’s true Jimmy Fallon was cast to play me on TV…
But let’s save that story for when we meet…
“Years ahead of his time,” Mark D’Arcy, CCO, Facebook
10 years as VP, Creative Development for Time Warner’s Global Media Group where I led a team that earned multi-billion $ media commitments through original content that leveraged TW’s portfolio.
Then, I tried to save the world…
With a mobile-first competition series focused on turning Gen Z audiences into activists.
Currently consulting for clients including Andrew Yang, CBS, NBCUniversal and the Nobel Alliance while heading up an independent content studio developing a slate of original and commissioned properties.