About Dana Austin
Industry AdvertisingBranded EntertainmentEventsMarketingMediaMusicNon-ProfitTelevision
Sector Branded ContentBranded EntertainmentBusiness DevelopmentClient RelationsCreative ServicesMusic ProductionOperationsOriginal ContentPost ProductionSeries DevelopmentStrategic PartnershipsStrategyTalent Relations
Preferred Job Title Board MemberCCO (Chief Creative Officer)Creative DirectorDirectorEvent PlannerExecutive Creative DirectorExecutive ProducerHead of ProductionPost Production SupervisorSenior ProducerVice President
I am an award-winning Creative who lives by the mantra Magic Happens.
As an innovative Executive Creative Producer/Director who connects the invisible dots – Dana has spent her career immersed in the music and entertainment industries all while developing growth strategies for philanthropic endeavors as she sensed a growing gap between the corporate world and human connection. She identifies, develops and executes strategic business initiatives and launches dynamic campaigns while remaining fluid in the worlds of production, music, culture, marketing, technology and talent. She collaborates with global forward-thinkers, A-List talent, top-notch companies, artist management, creative teams, athletes and business executives to conceptualize dreams to life.
Dana began her career as an influential Executive Producer/Producer for Sony Music Entertainment Inc. at the height of the music industry under Thomas D. Mottola – where she toured the world and broke artists – and was an integral part of The Latin Explosion collaborating with the magical teams behind Jennifer Lopez and Shakira. She has worked with iconic artists such as Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, David Bowie, DMC, Franz Ferdinand, Chuck D, Ariana Grande, Pearl Jam, Doug E Fresh, Cyndi Lauper, Isaac Hayes, AC/DC and Matisyahu.
In 2009, Dana founded Breathe Entertainment on the premise of creating conscious, authentic content that lends one to shift focus. She has developed visuals for Epic Records, MTV Networks, VH1, Spike, Entertainment Tonight, Sesame Street, NY Health & Hospitals, Robin Hood Foundation, Reveal 42, Partnership for a Healthier America, The President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and the National Fitness Foundation. As an HBO Producer she focused on hit shows The Sopranos, Sex & The City, The Wire, Band Of Brothers, Westworld, Big Little Lies and the Emmys.
Dana won the prestigious Time Warner Richard D. Parsons Community Impact Award in 2016 when she was hand-selected from over 100 international nominees for her expertise as a Founding & Active Board Member for Hip Hop Public Health 501c3 whose mission of ending childhood health illiteracy is taught through the power of music. In 2016 she secured the adidas + IHT Spirit sponsorship for HHPH’s H.Y.P.E. – Hip Hop Youth Physical Education – program in Harlem, a Bboy/Bgirl inspired after-school “breaking” program fueled by movement. She is an Ambassador for the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals, has partnered with Omaze and Red Nose Day for fundraising, engaged the World Surf League in community marketing and sourced strategic brand partnerships for Cynthia Rowley across the West Coast. Most recently she is in production on Shape – a feminine inspired surfboard shaper documentary – and is in development on a progressive international sci-fi series.
Dana’s passion for yoga and the ocean inspired her to train and receive 200-hr Yoga/20-hr SUP Yoga Instructor certification in The Hamptons in 2016, in 2017 completed her 50-hour Hot Yoga training through PURE Yoga in NY/LA and in 2018 completed Hot Yin teacher training at Hot 8 LA and Restorative at YogaWorks LA in 2019. Dana is honored to be a member of Save The Waves Coalition, Surfrider Foundation and appointed to the Advisory Board of Directors for A Walk On Water 501c3. She is inspired daily by the Mighty Under Dogs 501c3 out of Malibu, CA.
In her spare time she can be found hanging out in downward dog and catching perfect waves.
2005 - 2019
• Supervised pre-air content strategy, operations, production and execution of domestic/international multi-million dollar A/V releases. • Communicated cross departmentally with Marketing, Content Delivery, Home Entertainment and Enterprises on business operations. • Affiliate point of contact for Original Programming, Documentary, Sports, Comedy, Special Interest and Emmy Award titles. • Developed strategic creative video led content solutions for VOD/EST/Blu-ray/DVD; Amazon, iTunes and international affiliates. • Lead cross-company marketing campaigns, negotiated vendor business expansion and saved 25% on annual department budget.
• Managed influencer and VIP relationships, identified brand partnerships and strategized high-profile public relations initiatives. • Collaborated with stylists; Dressed influencers/celebrities for live red carpet and special events; Executed specialized pop-up events.
Hip Hop Public Health
• Established and grew progressive global youth health education 501c3 whose message is delivered through the power of music. • Develops educational media content and toolkits for 13k+ children in more than 50 New York City schools and 15 summer camps. • Successful on-board for three board members: Financial Executive, Music Business Professional and Entertainment Lawyer. • Executive in Charge of Production; President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition 60th Anniversary ‘0to60’ launch event NYC 2017 produced in partnership with YMCA’s National Healthy Kids Day, Sesame Street, +SocialGood and IHT Spirit. • Executive Producer ‘Songs For A Healthier America’; 19-track cross-genre album produced within 6 months for the Partnership for a Healthier America; First album free download Apple iTunes 2013. • Executive Producer ‘Health In Key’ Gala 2016 honoring US Surgeon General that enabled HHPH official recognition by HBO. • Personally invited by The First Lady, Michelle Obama to attend The White House Easter Egg Roll 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Sony Music Studios / Automatic Productions
• Managed all aspects of pre-post production, editorial, graphics, audio mix/post sessions; sound design, logo design, EPKs, live multi- cam shoots, artist interviews, TV spots, lower thirds, bumpers, show opens, broadcast, corporate/executive presentations, press junkets, international press tours, showcases, PSAs, VNRs, artist in-stores, photo shoots and behind-the-scenes content. • Produced $2M+ budgets, on-boarded vendors, managed talent; MTV, VH1, A&E, PBS, Sessions At West 54th, Hard Rock Live, E! • Produced and executed CEO/Executive international Board, Branch and NARM presentations highlighting upcoming talent.
Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
• Contributed to Epic Records & Columbia Records #1 & #2 standing for 2003 Music DVD market share. • Conceptualized and executed branded video content with senior executives, talent and artist management; Jennifer Lopez, Michael Jackson, Pearl Jam, Cyndi Lauper, AC/DC, Beyonce, Franz Ferdinand, Bruce Springsteen, NAS, David Bowie, Aerosmith, et al. • Supervised pre-post production of multi-million dollar revenue short and long form global video content; live multi-cam concerts, 5.1 surround mixes, DVD, authoring, menu design, sound design, bonus features, package design and artist commentaries. • Produced $3M+ budgets for live global press tours, album release parties, Regal Cinema events, broadcast; MTV/VH1/A&E/PBS/E! • Managed in-house staff/freelance crew; Liaised with product managers, A&R, Legal, Creative Services, Marketing, Business Affairs. • Responsible for location scouts, set design and script review with talent, DPs, directors, lighting designers and senior executives.
William Paterson University
University of Southern California
School of Visual Arts