Industry AdvertisingBranded EntertainmentDigitalEducationEventsFilmMarketingMediaMusicPublishingTelevisionJournalism
Sector Consumer MarketingCreative ServicesIntegrated MarketingMarket CommunicationsStrategic PartnershipsStrategy
Preferred Job Title Account DirectorBrand DirectorBrand ManagerBrand PartnershipsDirector
2018 - 2018
DiGenarro Communications | Facebook
• Co-managed dedicated 8-person client team within Facebook Global Industry Marketing in NYC and at Facebook’s headquarters. • Oversaw strategic partnerships with key North American and global trade associations, such as 4A’s, ANA, IAA and IAB, to drive industry relations and thought leadership for Facebook, their executives, and their family of apps and services. • Managed executive speaking engagements, in partnership with Facebook’s communications and broader marketing teams, to advance company narratives at high-impact industry moments — providing white glove service from event briefing to content creation, legal approvals, delivery logistics and beyond. • Provided strategic counsel and execution support for Facebook’s global tentpole marketing programs such as Advertising Week NY, guidance for partnership and sponsor activations with niche industry organizations and trade publishers, and key market intelligence. • Worked closely with both Facebook client and DGC executive team to assess the program, address new requests, compile reporting and shift priorities as needed.
2016 - 2018
• Oversaw all of POPSUGAR’s strategic trade marketing initiatives to drive awareness, brand perception and consideration of the millennial-focused digital lifestyle publisher across the business community. • Developed and directed PopSugar trade events, as well as presence at key industry conferences, including IAB NewFronts, Cannes Lions, CES, DMEXCO, PCPC and SXSW, plus PopSugar’s Style Session series and custom agency partner events. • Managed all trade marketing memberships, partnerships and sponsorships with organizations including ANA, IAB, MediaLink, Ad Age, Adweek, Digiday, The Girls’ Lounge, Brand Innovators, ThinkLA and others. • Identified and secured opportunities to drive thought leadership via PopSugar participation with prominent partners, press and events such as Cannes Lions, Advertising Week, MediaPost, Collision, plus many other trade organizations and publications’ efforts, including creation of executive speaking presentations. • Directed and maintained PopSugar’s corporate website and presence across B-to-B social channels (LinkedIn and Twitter); partnering with Corporate Communications on all B-to-B messaging. • Led PopSugar’s award strategy; identifying opportunities and managing all submissions. • Collaborated with Sales, Studio, Editorial, Design, Events, Brand Strategy and Insights teams to produce digital, printed and video collateral for PopSugar events and sales materials.
2011 - 2015
• Led USA TODAY’s trade marketing strategy, essential in re-positioning the brand and driving business growth during their digital transformation. Drove brand strategy and messaging, and oversaw all execution, resulting in a significant positive marketplace perception shift of key brand attributes according to proprietary 2014 Ipsos research. • Directed Gannett’s presence at key industry events including Advertising Week, and their strategic partnership with Cannes Lions; overseeing all marketing and event efforts (development to implementation), and managing all trade partnerships and sponsorships. • Partnered with Public Relations on both internal and external USA TODAY communications. • Collaborated with USA TODAY and Gannett management teams, including Client Solutions, Corporate Research and National Sales to identify thought leadership opportunities, drive product launches across all platforms, and provide ongoing Sales marketing support.
2010 - 2011
• Led development of NBCUniversal’s Integrated Media brand and messaging strategy. • Oversaw trade marketing initiatives including B-to-B advertising, execution of key sponsor partnerships and events (Advertising Week, ANA, etc.), and creation of sales collateral — all in close collaboration with Ad Sales and Marketing management. • Developed, with internal teams, customized, high-impact, organic Ad Sales sponsorship opportunities that met marketers’ brand objectives, and drove the creation and implementation of integrated programs across all NBCU properties (on-air, online, film & parks). • Managed ongoing internal communications and produced internal event series to provide information and value to Ad Sales, as well as aligned the marketing teams across NBCUniversal divisions to ensure collaboration and maximize opportunities and impact. • Maintained strong relationships with key internal departments (Ad Sales, Strategic Marketing, Creative Partnerships, Communications, Research, etc.) to ensure open lines of communication and create effective integrated marketing programs.
2008 - 2010
• Directed branding and marketing efforts to demonstrate the relationship Univision has with its audiences. • Created, implemented and oversaw all corporate marketing efforts including Univision’s multi-platform brand campaign, brand strategy initiatives for their three television networks, plus internal CEO projects, opportunistic advertising, e-blasts, etc. • Developed and executed Univision’s Upfront events, including Univision’s 2009 multi-city Partnership Forums, in every aspect from concept to implementation, including speeches, videos, graphics, invitations, client gifts and all related logistics. • Designed and executed communication strategies to support Ad Sales, including advertising, events, PR and sponsorships. • Counseled Affiliate Relations to construct Univision’s RTC (re-transmission consent) positioning and strategy, built customized marketing proposals for every major distributor, assisted in facilitating in-market research programs and developed contingency plans. • Supported Affiliate Marketing initiatives including advertising, video creation, event execution, exhibit design and more. • Facilitated product launches for Univision’s Franchise Development & Strategic Partnership group from consumer research and product development to building and implementing a comprehensive multi-platform marketing and media plan for each. • Assisted qualitative research studies, determining how best to leverage and share findings internally and with industry peers & press.
2005 - 2008
• Provided consumer and brand insights to clients and worked with Ad Sales to develop cross-platform advertising strategies. • Identified the intersection of client brand, consumer insights and media trends to develop effective marketing programs for advertisers. • Created presentations that effectively illustrated the Hispanic market and Univision opportunities to potential advertising clients. • Managed the development of marketing programs across company properties, including network, online, radio and music. • Worked internally with Sales teams, participating in sales calls and working with Programming to identify sponsorship opportunities.
2002 - 2005
• Managed brand development and strategy, created and implemented all advertising and marketing plans (consumer, affiliate and trade) for BLOOMBERG TELEVISION, BLOOMBERG Radio, syndicated broadcast products and Advertising Sales. • Oversaw and implemented Bloomberg Television on E! campaign including an award-winning TV promo, radio, print, digital & OOH. • Launched Bloomberg’s first-ever affiliate website for cable, satellite, TV and radio station partners. • Developed key sales messages and strategic plans for Ad Sales TV Upfront initiatives, resulting in increasing revenue every year. • Structured and implemented annual promotions with key satellite distributor to increase awareness and subscribers.
1999 - 2002
• Serviced all global departments on behalf of Bloomberg’s in-house advertising agency (internal copy, design & production). • Managed all consumer and B-to-B print, radio, OOH, digital, direct mail and collateral, from media kits to trade show booths. • Directed external production, creative, and media-buying partners, and managed Junior Account Representatives & Marketing interns.
1998 - 1999
Hard Hats Inc.
• Provided service to clients including NY State Department of Health, Planned Parenthood NYC, Hain Foods, Kiwi Air Lines and others. • Created corporate identity and marketing strategies; incorporating creative direction and media plans (print, radio, OOH & direct mail). • Developed and maintained production estimates, schedules, budgets and status reports for client presentation. • Assisted new business research, planning and administration of new accounts.
1996 - 1998
• Managed agency accounts including Columbia-Presbyterian, Merrill Lynch, Ray-Ban, Unisys, Austravel, and Cabrini Medical Center. • Developed marketing strategies for print, radio, OOH & direct mail; oversaw production estimates, schedules, budgets and reporting. • Assisted in new business research and supervised Account Coordinator.
1995 - 1996
Negotiated, purchased and maintained TV schedules in 25 local markets, plus network, cable & syndication, for Tyco Toys.
1993 - 1994
Negotiated, purchased and maintained local broadcast schedules for clients including Meineke Mufflers, Shoprite, Six Flags and more.
The University of West Florida
University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL; BA in Communication Arts/Advertising