- I have the credentials, the experience, the contacts and the relationships.
- I have the people skills it takes to do the job and I am skilled in the art of delegation and follow thru.
- I have strong written and communication skills.
- I have a proven track record for building strong client relationships, marketing/promotional programs and positioning/branding.
- I have vast experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines. I possess a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once.
- Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Some call me the Gangster of Love.
- Some people call me Maurice, ‘cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love.
Industry AdvertisingBranded EntertainmentComedyEventsMarketingMediaMusic
Sector Music MarketingMusic ProductionTalent DevelopmentTalent Relations
Preferred Job Title CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)CPO (Chief People Officer)Executive Vice PresidentGeneral ManagerSenior Vice PresidentVice President
A veteran music executive and energy creator, I am a creative, passionate, focused and forward thinking strategic marketing and management leader with 20+ years of successful, results driven experience within multiple disciplines of the music and entertainment industry…all built with hard work, humility, integrity and loyalty.
After an “illustrious” (ahem) career as a major market radio personality, I spent several years as Senior VP/Promotion for Irving Azoff and his label GIANT Records (Warner Music), where I was responsible for numerous Number 1 and Top 10 singles and platinum selling albums.
I’ve held similar positions at Jac Holzman’s Discovery Records (Warner Music), WhizKidz Records, EVO Recordings/Evolution Digital Audio, Red Ant Records, Restless Records and 3 Monkeys Amps (Brad Whitford-Aerosmith), along with creating a successful marketing and artist management consulting firm (GPM) with clients that have included: Atlantic Records, Elektra Records, Island/DefJam Records, Virgin Records, Trauma Records, V2 Recordings and many others.
My skill set and experience is highly niched, bordering on unique, and a major aspect of my niche is my ability to be a point of connection between so many people, a conduit if you will. Brokering Talent. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS.
I believe my experience gives me a better perspective (sometimes many) on how to move forward in almost any situation, and adapt accordingly. I can think, I can argue, but most importantly…I CAN LISTEN!